I just completed my Oscar backlog and guess still have an hour to post my predictions 🙂
1) Best Movie: The Shape of Water
- Dunkirk is equally good, but The Shape of Water has appeal to wider audience.
2) Best Actor: Gary Oldman for Darkest Hour
- One of the best portrayal of a real world personality.
3) Best Actress: Frances McDormand for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- No contest here. She was super awesome in her role of a grieving mother who is ready for vengeance.
4) Best Director: Guillermo del Toro for The Shape of Water
- Remember Pan’s Labyrinth? He is back with equally good concept and equally well executed, but with more universal appeal.
5) Best Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- As the movie progressed, it dawned on me how wonderfully he had played his changing character.
6) Best Supporting Actress: Allison Janney for I, Tonya
- Wonderful portrayal of hard-a** mother. No competition here really.
7) Best Animation Movie: Coco
- One of the best movies made in last one decade.